Archive for February, 2011
Library to publish pages online to give scholars access
Another trick (Irony) that opposition use to attain is saying that some ignorant people have invent this all and It was never ever celebrated before in previous ages and etc. Let them have some glimpses of facts from the very true history.
..:: History of Celebrating Mawlid an-Nabi Sallallaho Alaihi wa Sallam ::..
1. Hadrat Allama Mulla Ali Qari saying the routine of the people of Madina Munawwarah writes,
The people of Madina Munawwarah (May ALLLAH have Mercy on them) used to arrange and attend mawlid gatherings with enthusiasm and sincerity on the occasion of Mawlid Sharif. (Mawrid ar-Riwa Fi Mawlid an-Nabawi, Page 29)
2. Ibne Jauzi says:
“Fala Zaala Ahlul Haramain ash-Shareefain Wal Misr, Wal Yemen, Wash Shaam Wa Saa’iri Bilaadil Arabi Minal Mashriqi Wal Maghribi Yahtafiloona Bimajlisi Maulidin Nabiyyi Alaihis Salaatu Was Salaam Wa Yafrahoona Biqudoomi Hilaali Rabi’il Awwali Biharkati Maulidin Nabiyyi (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam)”.
“People of Haramain Shareefain (Makkah and Madinah) and Egypt and Yemen and Syria and of the eastern and western cities of Arabia hold functions in celebration of the birth of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), rejoice at the sighting of the Rabi-ul-Awwal moon, bathe and put on their best dresses adorn themselves in various ways, put on scent, and give alms with great joy, and exert themselves in listening to the Milad of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam). By doing so, they themselves attain to success, as it has been proved that by celebrating the Milad of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) much good accrues the whole year round: security and comfort, greater means of livelihood, increase in children and in wealth, peace in cities and contentment and peace in homes”
1. Tafseer Ruhul Bayan by Shiekh Ismael Haqqi, Vol 9, Page 56
2. Miladul Uroos Urdu Bayan-e-Miladun Nabi, Page 34-35, Published in Lahore.
3. Addurrul Munazzam, page. 100, 101
4. Al-Miladun Nabawi, Page 58
3. Gatherings of Miladun Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam was switched to Prose in 3rd-4th Hijri then 700 years back from today, A pious and virtuous person named Umer bin Mullah Muhammad Mousli Alaihir RaHma established it on regular basis. Following him the great commander Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubis dearly loved Sultan Arbal Malik Abu Saeed Muzaffaruddin celebrated Miladun Nabi officially. Ibn-e-Khalqaan Arabali Shafai was eyewitness of that festival. According to Tareekh-e-Maratuz Zaman billion of rupees were used to spend on those fastvities. In the Starting of 7th Century of Hijri Calender; Great Scholar named Abul Khattab Umer Bin Hasan wahhia Qalbi Undlasi Balansi wrote a book on the topic Meeladun Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam named At-Tanveer Fee Mawlidis Sirajal Muneer. In 1207, He went to Sultan Arbals castle and presented his book on Mawlid to him, for which he was awarded thousand Gold Coins from Sultan. This was the status and respect of Mawlid Shareef in hearts of earlier leaders of Islam. Not only Sultan Arbal, King of Egypt celebrated the Mawlid Shareef; Allama Ibne Juzri Alaihir RaHma is one the eyewitnesses. For the celebration of this festival 1000 Mithqal of Gold was spent on it. Sultan Abu Hamu Musa Talamsani and earlier rulers of Aqsa and Undalas used to Celebrate Miladun Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam. Abdullah Tonsi Sum Talamsani has written the details of these festivals in his book Rahal Arwah.
1. Sublul Huda Warrishaad Fee Seerah Khairal Ibaad by Muhammad Bin Ali Yusuf Damishqi
2. Addurul Munazzam Fee Hukmi Mawlidin Nabi Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam
3. Wafyatud Dayaan Anbaa Abnauz Zaman, Published in Cairo
4. Allama Muhammad Raza Misris Muhammadur Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam, Published in Lahore, Page 33
5. Ahsanul Maqsad Fee Amilil Mawlid
6. Anwarus Satiaa (1307 H), Pg 261, Published from Murad Abadi
4. Muslims use to celebrate gatherings of Meelad Shareef in large cities for-long (Seerah al-Halabiyah, Pg 80)
5. Dwellers of Makkah visits Birthplace of Prophet Peace be Upon him on eve of Meeladun Nabi every year and arrange great gatherings.
(Jawahir al-BiHar, pg 1222)
6. In “Fuyozal Haramain”, Hazrat Shah Waliyullah has pointed out,
The birth of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) was celebrated by the people of Makkah who received blessings on account of it.
7. On the eve of Miladun Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam celebrations are observed in Makkah and dwellers of Makkah name this day as Youm al Eid Mawlid ar Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam. People use to cook food. Minister of Makkah and Commander of Hijaz with their army use to visit birthplace of Prophet Peace be Upon Him and recites Qasida there. Rows of shining candles are positioned from Haram al Makki to Birthplace and Shops and Houses in the way are also decorated. People use to recite Qasaid whole day at Birthplace. On the night of 11th Rabiul Awwal after Isha, Mehfil-e-Milad is organized. From Maghrib prayer of 11th Rabiul Awwal to Asar Prayer of 12th Rabiul Awwal, after every prayer Salutations of 21 tanks is presented.
1. Al-Qibla Makkah Mukarramah
2. Monthly Tareeqat Lahore, January 1917, Pg 2/3
8. On the Eve of Miladun Nabi; whole Islamic world is observed to be delight and celebrating it. And it is celebrated till now with enthusiasm and integrity (Encyclopedia of Islam, Vol21, Page 824, Published By: Punjab University, Lahore)
9. Ibn Jawzi also wrote a complete book on Mawlid where he said:
In Haramayn (i.e. Makkah Mukarrama and Madina Munawwarah), in Egypt, Yemen rather all people of Arab world have been celebrating Mawlid for long. Upon sight of the moon in Rabi ul Awwal their happiness touches the limits and hence they make specific gatherings for Dhikr of Mawlid due to which they earn immense Ajr and Success. (Biyan al Milaad an Nabwi, Page No. 58)
10. Shah Waliullah Muhadith Dhelvi mentions one of his all time wonderful experiences as:
I took part in a gathering of Mawlid inside Makkah where people were sending Darood and Slaam upon Prophet (Peace be upon him) and mentioning the incidents which took place during the time of your birth (before and after) and those which were witnessed before you were appointed as a Nabi (such as Noor eliminating from Bibi Amina Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anha, she seeing Noor, woman proposing to Syeduna Abdullah Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho on sight of Noor on his forhead etc…) suddeny I saw Noor to have enveloped one group of people, I dont claim that I saw this with my bodlily eyes, nor do I claim that it was spiritual and Allah knows the best regarding these two, however upon concentration on these Anwaar a reality opened upon me that these Anwaar are of those Angels who take part in such gatherings, I also saw Mercy to be decending along with Anwaar of Angels. (Fayudh al Haramayn, Pages 80-81)
11. Sheikh ul Islam Imam Ibn Hajr al Haytami (Rahimuhullah) writes:
The gatherings of Mawlid and Adhkaar which take place during our time, they are mostly confined to good deeds, for example in them Sadaqat are given, Dhikr is done, Darud and Salam is sent upon the Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihi wa Sallam) and he is praised. (Fatawa al Hadithiyyah, Page No. 202)
All good is from Allah Taala whereas mistakes are from this humble speck. May Allah Taala Bless all readers, bringing you all closer to Him and His Rasul SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam. May He accept our humble efforts and grant us the capacity to be good and do good. Ameen!