Archive for October, 2011
The 40th National Day celebrations of the UAEpostponed in line with the mourning of the death of Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia
“Why Gaddafi end like This….?”
Libya and Libyan “dictator” Muammar Gaddafi:
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given
to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya â€“ Gaddafi vowed that his parents
would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafiâ€™s father has
died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government
to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25%
of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming
land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms
â€“ all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it â€“ not only free but they get US
$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion â€“ now
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would
pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until
employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5 ,000
14. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
15. Gaddafi carried out the worldâ€™s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
Is he a dictator? Or this is oil war?
Tags: Gmail interface, Look and feel, User experience
A new version of Gmail featuring a revamped look, redesigned conversation threads and improved search is slated for pending released, according to an official video that was mistakenly posted to Google’s YouTube channel.
Jason Cornwell, user experience designer for Gmail, unveils the new version in the video. The Google Operating System blog spotted the video and it has since been made private — but not before YouTube user crlsndrsjmnz had time to repost it.
“Oops, you weren’t supposed to see that,” Gmail representative Andrea Freund tells Mashable. “Stay tuned, we’ll be sharing more info on Gmail’s new look soon.”
But, back to what’s new. “We’ve been hard at work to update Gmail with a new look,” Cornwell shares in the video. “We’ve completely redesigned the look and feel of Gmail to make it as clean, simple and intuitive as possible.”
Here’s some of what you can expect: Gmail will expand dynamically to accommodate any window size; users can adjust the size of label and chat areas; themes will include high-definition imagery; conversations — a.k.a. email threads — have been redesigned for readability and will include profile pictures (conversations look like more status updates); and search has been made more user-friendly, which means regular users can stop worrying about using Gmail search operators and simply input text into fields to find email messages.
This strikes us as the most dramatic change to Gmail since its debut, and likely marks a concerted attempt by Google to modernize and simplify the Gmail interface for the mainstream email user.
Gmail’s makeover has been several months in the making. In late June, Google released the “Preview” Gmail theme as a sneak peek of things to come.
- New Version of Gmail Coming Soon [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Gmail leaks its new redesign (digitaltrends.com)
- Gmail redesign bears resemblance to Facebook (thestar.com)
- Gmail Update: Details About the New Product Update (searchenginejournal.com)
Now that iOS 5 is publicly available, and a tethered jailbreak is possible on almost all iDevices that are capable of running iOS 5 (excluding the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S), those who are too impatient to wait for an untethered jailbreak to be released for iOS 5 (such as myself) have settled with tethered for now. Cydia developers have been hard at work bringing their apps, tweaks, themes and other packages up to date with iOS 5, and more are becoming compatible with the new iOS version every day. A compiled list of compatible, partially compatible, incompatible and unknown Cydia packages from what is known right now follows.
Starting with fully compatible packages which you may install on your jailbroken iDevice(s) running iOS 5 without hesitation:
60 Second Lock Screen
Action Menu Plus Pack
App Switcher Brightness
AppSync for 5.0
APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
Color Mail Labels
Compas for Maps
Five collum SB
Five Icon Dock
Five Icon Switcher
FullScreen for Safari
Home Button in Safari
iRetina 4+ SBSetting Theme
Manual Correct Pro
Media Controller Brightness
Navigate From Maps
Phone GV Extension
Pull to Refresh for Mail
Pull to Refresh for Safari
Repo Setup Files
RSSWidget for iOS 5
Serious SBSettings HD
Silent Vibrate SBSettings
SMS GV Extension
SpringFlash + SBSettings Toggle
Substrate Safe Mode
Transparent Statusbar for iOS4
Some important notes about a few of the compatible packages follow:
- AndroidLock XT – Will work although, it will disable the camera button on your lock screen.
- Black Keyboard – Reports say it’s buggy.
- Gridlock – Requires IconSupport, which is not publicly available for download yet. The current version of IconSupport does not support iOS 5. The beta version does.
- iRealSMS – Reports say it eliminates the ability to send MMS messages.
- Pull to Refresh for Mail – Reports say there are some bugs with this.
- Scrollingboard – Reports say this can cause sluggishness.
- ultrasn0w – Only works on old baseband. More here.
- Winterboard – Not in Cydia, download .deb file here. Install through SSH.
Here are some packages that are partially compatible with iOS 5, which mostly work but contain a few bugs and other issues that may cause a few headaches. Only install these if you are okay with dealing with potential problems when using them:
App Switcher Ringer
Clock Plugin for LockInfo
Dynamic Table Strip
No Clock Status
Issues reported with these partially compatible packages are as follows:
- App Switcher Ringer – This will change media volume, but has no effect on ringer volume.
- biteSMS – Currently in open beta.
- Calltell – Works, but isn’t compatible with iMessage.
- CleanStatus – Reports say that it doesn’t hide status bar objects correctly.
- Clock Plugin for LockInfo – Calendar doesn’t work.
- Dynamic Table Strip – Works for Contacts app, Phone app, but not iPod app.
- iAP Cracker – Reports say it conflicts with other apps.
- iBlank – The theme to remove shadows doesn’t work and you will be unable to respring your iDevice.
- IconSupport – The beta version works in iOS 5. The public version does not.
- LockGestures – Only tap gestures are working.
- LockInfo – Beta works, public version doesn’t.
- LSRotator – Works fine except for a glitch with the camera button.
- MultiIconMover – Beta works fine, get it here.
- No Clock Status – Works everywhere except Facebook and Cydia.
- StatusTweak – Moving the AM/PM in your status bar doesn’t work.
- SwipeToMoveCursor – Moves cursor two spaces instead of one space.
Now for the incompatible packages which you should avoid installing at all costs as they will cause you nothing but problems on iOS 5:
Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing
Home Page in Safari
LockScreen Clock Hide
Random Icon Flip
RestoreTab for Safari
Safari Download Manager
SBRotator for iOS 4.x
Speed for Maps
User Agent Faker
Lastly, here are some packages with unknown compatibility on iOS 5. It is recommend that you also stay away from these packages until compatibility with iOS 5 is confirmed or an update is issued to bring support for it. Installing these is entirely at your own risk:
Ask to Send
GridTab for Safari
HeadingLock for Maps
Link Identity Editor
OpenNotifier Premium Pack
If you’re like me—you couldn’t wait for an untethered jailbreak and went ahead with a tethered jailbreak to get your hands on some of the jailbreak community’s finest work on Apple’s most advanced iOS version yet—enjoy the compatible and partially compatible packages on your iDevice(s), and be sure to stay far away from the incompatible and unknown packages until they are updated for iOS 5 or verified to be compatible!
- Cydia Tweak compatible IOS 5
- A Brief Look At iOS 5
- Get Page Dots On Your iOS App Switcher Tray [IPhone Downloads]
With the release of iOS 5 many of you are excited to make the jump from 4.x -> 5.0. There are a couple important things to keep in mind:
Dev-Team and Chronic Dev Team are working on their (and our) respective tools to solve most (if not all) of those issues. Be patient as the exploit fairy isn’t playing very nice this time around.